COURSE SECTION: LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
Effective communication skills are one of the key components in building your leadership potential. Being able to effectively communicate is a critical skill in all workplace and life situations, particularly as you grow into leadership positions. This workshop will teach you tools and techniques you can use to enhance your communication skills and build your leadership capability. We cover substantive material designed to enhance your understanding of the essential elements of communication and help you apply skills to reduce barriers to communication, manage conflict, solve problems, and build effective teams.
- Identify the elements that influence communication effectiveness.
- Identify types of listeners and the role of nonverbal communication in the communication process.
- Apply best practices for giving and receiving feedback.
- Recognize how and when conflict and communication barriers can impact the workplace.
- Distinguish the nature of teams and team member roles.
- Employ principles of team leadership for building and managing teams.
- Recognize the nature of civility and its impact on communication effectiveness.
- Apply basic elements of problem-solving and critical thinking to solve communication challenges.
Course Duration: 8-10 hours VILT over two days / Equivalent to two full days of classroom training.
Virtual Class Size: Up to 20 participants.
Delivery Method: Course is available in-person and virtually.
Contact Vantage today to learn more about how we can help your organization.
Our mailing address is 2111 Wilson Blvd #700, Arlington, VA 22201. For inquiries contact 703.899.7505 or email@example.com.