COURSE SECTION: COMMUNICATION, PRESENTATION, & TIME MANAGEMENT
Being able to effectively communicate is a critical skill in all workplace and life situations. This course enhances communication skills by incorporating interpersonal skills like considering and responding appropriately to people’s needs, feelings, and capabilities in different situations; using tact and compassion; and treating others with respect. This course also explores the importance of ensuring psychological safety in improving communication and engaging in essential/difficult conversations. This course is designed to expand your understanding about yourself as a communicator and apply this understanding to enhance your skills in multiple settings. We cover substantive material on the essential elements of communication and applying skills to reduce barriers to communication, manage conflict, solve problems, and build effective teams.
- Discuss the full range of interpersonal skills.
- Discuss the nature of psychological safety.
- Understand and apply the communications model as well as factors that impact communication effectiveness.
- Understand the role of nonverbal communication, listening, and perception on the communication process.
- Develop interpersonal skills such as empathy, tact, and openness.
- Evaluate team communication and psychological safety.
- Apply advanced communication tools such as deep canvassing and engaging in crucial conversations.
Course Duration (two versions of this VILT course are available):
- 4 hours VILT / Equivalent to 1 full day of classroom training.
- 8 hours VILT / Equivalent to 2 full days of classroom training. This version includes individual, recorded practice sessions, video playback, and peer feedback as well as professional coaching by the instructor.
Virtual Class Size: Up to 20 participants.
Delivery Method: Course is available in-person and virtually.
Contact Vantage today to learn more about how we can help your organization.
Our mailing address is 2111 Wilson Blvd #700, Arlington, VA 22201. For inquiries contact 703.899.7505 or firstname.lastname@example.org.