COURSE SECTION: COMMUNICATION, PRESENTATION, & TIME MANAGEMENT
Vantage’s media training workshop is designed to help you understand the modern media environment, build and maintain a successful media relations program, effectively participate in interviews with reporters, and leverage partnerships with media groups that convey your organization’s message to the broader public. Effective media and public engagement necessitate that your representatives are prepared to participate in interviews with reporters. One key interviewing skill is effective message design and communication. Messages must be appropriately adapted to various media situations and conveyed using tools and techniques that enhance their effectiveness, demonstrate your professionalism, and improve public perception of your organization. Experience has clearly demonstrated that developing and delivering messages in a compelling manner has a positive impact on all aspects of work and life. Our workshop will provide opportunities to practice developing and delivering effective messages by participating in recorded mock interviews, video playback, and professional critique.
- Identify and apply general guidelines for media relations.
- Understand the nature and functions of the print and electronic news media including the growing role of the Internet and social media.
- Discuss how members of the media view their role in society and contrast that with how the public views the media’s role in society.
- Develop clear, compelling messages regarding your organization and its operations and activities.
- Leverage appropriate skills, tools, and techniques to deliver compelling messages during mock interviews.
- Employ the “Do’s & Don’ts” and “Rules of the Road” for interacting with the media.
Course Duration (two versions of this VILT course are available):
- 4-5 hours VILT (abbreviated workshop) / Equivalent to 1 full day of classroom training.
- 8-10 hours VILT / Equivalent to 2 full days of classroom training. This version includes individual, recorded mock interviews, video playback, peer feedback, and professional coaching by the instructor.
Virtual Class Size: Up to 12 participants.
Delivery Method: Course is available in-person and virtually.
Contact Vantage today to learn more about how we can help your organization.
Our mailing address is 2111 Wilson Blvd #700, Arlington, VA 22201. For inquiries contact 703.899.7505 or email@example.com.