COURSE SECTION: SUPERVISORY & MANAGEMENT SKILLS
This course is designed to equip participants with tools and techniques to deal with differences constructively and find ways to cooperatively achieve agreements that are “better” for both sides than win-lose propositions. This course applies lessons from leading negotiation experts including:
- William Ury, Roger Fisher, and Bruce Patton, authors of the Best-Selling Book: Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In (Revised Edition);
- Faculty of the Harvard Law School Program on Negotiation;
- Faculty of the University of Notre Dame; and
- Jeff Weiss, author of Harvard Business Review’s Guide to Negotiation.
Key topics addressed during this course include the criteria for judging a good outcome for negotiations, reviewing the problem with most negotiations, the suggested methods of Getting to Yes and the Harvard Guide to Negotiation, and hands-on exercises designed to strengthen negotiating skills.
- Apply the criteria for judging a good outcome for negotiations.
- Identify problems with most negotiations.
- Understand the conclusions/takeaways from two leading negotiation methods:
- The suggested method by the authors of Getting to Yes; and
- The suggested method by the author of the Harvard Business Review (HBR) Guide to Negotiation.
- Identify mitigating factors in negotiations.
- Discuss topics about negotiations based on individual reflection questions.
- Strengthen negotiation skills through hands-on exercises.
Course Duration: 5 hours VILT / Equivalent to 1 full day of classroom training.
Virtual Class Size: Up to 20 participants.
Delivery Method: Course is available in-person and virtually.
Contact Vantage today to learn more about how we can help your organization.
Our mailing address is 2111 Wilson Blvd #700, Arlington, VA 22201. For inquiries contact 703.899.7505 or email@example.com.