COURSE SECTION: CAREER DEVELOPMENT
In this workshop, participants will understand the roles played by employees, managers, and the organization in career development. Through a series of activities and discussion, participants will be able to use selected tools based on a five-step career planning process, discuss the value and approach for creating an Individual Development Plan (IDP), and learn a simple approach for effective development discussions. Key points participants will learn during this training include: understanding the roles played by employees, managers, and the organization in career development; being able to apply the Career States model; understanding what it means to be “career resilient”; how to use tools based on a five-step career planning process; and how to make the most of career development discussions with supervisors, mentors, and coaches.
- Understand the roles played by employees, managers, and the organization in career development.
- Apply the Career States model to their career.
- Understand what it means to be ‘career resilient’.
- Learn guidelines, tactics, and tools for career development.
- Use selected tools based on a 5-step career planning process.
- Apply a simple approach for conducting effective development discussions.
Course Duration: 4 hours VILT / Equivalent to ½ day of classroom training.
Virtual Class Size: Up to 20 participants.
Delivery Method: Course is available in-person and virtually.
Contact Vantage today to learn more about how we can help your organization.
Our mailing address is 2111 Wilson Blvd #700, Arlington, VA 22201. For inquiries contact 703.899.7505 or firstname.lastname@example.org.